The nutritional value of brown rice is higher than that of white rice and you can determine it for the following reasons:
1. Rich in Selenium: This valuable anti-cancer ingredient is abundant in brown rice. Its unique ability to reduce the risk of heart disease and arthritis makes selenium an important addition to a healthy diet.
2. Rich in Magnesium: Just one cup of brown rice, accounts for 80% of the recommended daily intake of magnesium that the human body needs.
3. Source of natural oils: Natural oils are particularly beneficial to the human body, as they are healthy “fats” that help maintain normal cholesterol levels.
4. Helps to lose weight: Brown rice is high in fiber, which gives the feeling of fullness thus consuming a smaller amount with less calories.
5. Antioxidant Source: The antioxidant effect of brown rice is probably one of its best “secrets”. However, the capabilities of brown rice give it a place among the best antioxidant foods.
6. High fiber content: Brown rice is high in fiber and is at the top of the list of foods in the same category
7. Fights against Diabetes: Brown rice helps to balance blood sugar levels, so it is a unique dietary source for people with diabetes. Studies have shown that those who consume half a cup of brown rice on a daily basis reduce their risk of diabetes by 60%.
8. Ideal food for children: Brown rice based cereal or brown rice itself is the best possible food for children because of the density of nutrients and fiber they contain.